Group Head of Development2015 – PresentGoDaddy | UK & DE & RO
Head of Development2014 – 2015HEG | UK & DE & RO
Managing 5 high performing development teams. Creating an environment and teams that delivers outstanding software as fast as possible while having fun.
The role has a significant delivery management element, reporting to CTO.
- Staff line management responsibility
- Shaping strategy and in day to day business strategy: (123-reg.co.uk, DomainBox, webfusion.co.uk – adapting our services and products to customer expectations)
- Decide what to implement
- Manage across projects and changes
- Build the environment/team structure to sustain delivery
- Management of resources
- Setting up a new Java EE team
- budget, recruitment, project scope, deliverables
- Implementing SCRUM methodology in Romania
- Manage risk and contingency
- Monitor and measure progress
- Handle escalations / critical issues
Head of Microsoft Team2013-2014Host Europe Group | UK & RO
Manager of .Net Development Team (RO), Internal IT Team (UK) and Microsoft Sys Admin Team (UK)
- Setting up teams and recruiting in UK and Romania (17 people)
- Objectives and performance evaluation, career development/planning, pay discussions of team members
- Define company policies for IT department
- Interface with Product Management to create project plans and technical designs for projects
- Review business and technical requirements and provide feedback
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and help them excel in their jobs.
- Update reports to stakeholders
Manager of .Net Development Team2011 – 2013Host Europe Group | UK & RO
Manager of .Net Development Team (8 developers)
- Team members’ expectation/objective setting and performance evaluation
- Mentoring / People Management
- People development plans
- Department policy, processes and internal guides.
- Driving development teams to design and build quality applications using industry standard patterns, architectures, and best practices
- Focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, project managers
- Update reports
- Team roadmap
- Leading & defining application architecture, approach and design
.Net Team Leader2008 – 2011Webfusion | UK & RO
Research, specify, develop, test, maintain & support internal and product related systems for Webfusion – GXN’s webhosting business unit.
Setting up the Development Department:
- Recruitment, ensure skill-set,knowledge transfer, department policies and standards.
- Build the technical environment (infrastructure, permissions, connectivity).
Co-Founder and Technical Leader2005 – 2008Arcadia Business Solutions SRL | RO
Design, develop and implementation of AFS (Arcadia Financial Suite) – ERP application.
Architecture build on .Net 3.0 Framework and WWF. Backend on Postgresql 8.2 or Oracle 10g. Directly responsible for modules: Order, Marketing, Human Resources, Stock, Party (Customer Relationship Management).
.Net Developer2004-2005Business Process Engineering | RO & IT
Workflow Engine – developed using Microsoft.Net and C#. Fully compatible with specification from Workflow Management Coalition (http://www.wfmc.org).
Functionalities: Modelling based on processes and sub-processes; Modelling processes through activities; Types of resources allocation; Lists of actions at every activity; Modelling
different activity workflows – And Split, And join, Or split, Or join; Possibility to change immediately the proposed models; Management of status/process/activity; Simple and comfortable graphic interface.
Cedacri – Windows Service that provide access to mainframe IBM S/390 using IBM MQSeries 5.3. The service transforms XML requests into COBOL format and provides access to proprietary transactions.
Vontobel – Asp.Net WebForm application using Microsoft.Net 1.1 and ASP.Net. Based on SOAP protocol to make financial transactions using Web Services written in Perl.
FMS – Distributed File Server using Microsoft .Net and C#. Provide support to upload and download files using quoted folders and mirroring capability.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Faculty of Informatics, “Al. I. Cuza” University Iași2007 – 2009Master Degree, Software Engineering
Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering, “Gh. Asachi” Technical University of Iași1999 – 2014Engineer Degree, Computer Science
Professional Scrum TrainingOn site training on Agile Methodologies provided by paragraph1.de
CCNA – RoEDU Iasi NetCisco Certified Network Associate
- .Net Framework: C#, Asp.net WebAPI, Asp.net MVC, Asp.net WebForms, WWF, WCF, WPF, EF, Linq
- Windows 2008/2012 with Active Directory and Hyper-V
- SQL Server with TSQL and Stored Procedures
- MySQL and Postgresql
- GIT, Atlassian suite
- Ansible, Vagrant
- jQuery, AngularJS, Knockout.js
- Html 5 & CSS 3
- Java SE
- Architecture: microservices, SOA
Interact well with people of diverse backgrounds from all areas of the organization. References available upon request via e-mail (Iulian.tabara at gmail.com) or you can checkout online reference at my profile in LinkedIn.com.
Please visit my personal page if you are interested to know something besides my
employment / experience.